There is nothing like spending time with a herd of horses that invites us into their natural world to escape our daily grind, excessive thoughts, and personal problems. Being with the herd feels like a welcoming party that wants us to run and go wild, to kick up our heels, release the constraints and confusion, so we can be our most genuine self.
In the company of horses, we feel a sense of relief and freedom, as we can breathe more deeply, think more clearly, and feel more authentically with our hearts and souls. We feel less restricted and more expansive with envisioning what we really want out of life from a new perspective.
You may choose to sit alone in silence near the herd or you may invite a special friend or two to join you. In either case, you get to decide what you want to do. It is your quiet space where you can fully be you and remove the masks so often worn in the human world. It is in this special place where you can let go of your most hidden or painful secrets, any old outdated stories and instead focus on your dreams, desires, and visions.
Being with horses in nature is also an opportunity to see through any difficult situations, to answer any burning questions, or getting started with solving any thought-provoking problems. Sitting in their energy field helps you to tap into your inner-truth, your intuition and getting more clarity with what’s been trying to get your attention.
You can draw on the energy of the herd to relax you, support you, and revitalize you, as the fog is lifted and answers surface in the moment or after going back home. Resulting in you feeling calmer, clearer, and often more motivated and inspired.
If you have never been with a herd of horses, or it’s been a while, now may be the time to find a herd to help guide you.
Want some inspiration? Click here to watch Kenney Chesney’s – Wild Child – YouTube Video
When sitting near the horses, get quiet and listen, write down what you are thinking and feeling . The answers, messages, and signs you are seeking will come to you in different ways.
If you don’t know what to ask, here are 10 questions to get you started.
- If you had a chance to do something new in your life, what would you do? Why?
- What does your heart feel like when you envision yourself doing what you answered in the previous question?
- What do you think about often, what do you yearn for?
- Who do you most admire in life? Why?
- What are you most afraid of? Why?
- What are some of your negative personality traits, what don’t you like about yourself? How is that holding you back?
- What are some of your positive personality traits, what do you like about yourself? How can you use that to move forward?
- What do you like to do for fun, what interests or excites you?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- If you had five minutes on the world stage, what would you talk about?
May you go wild and dance to the beat of your own heart!
After you’ve been with the herd, send me a note below, I’d love to hear about your experience.